There is still time to save at the MN State Fair! Check out these deals:
Labor Day, Sept. 3 is Kids & Last Chance Day when children ages 5-12 are admitted for only $7.
Remember there are additional vendor discounts, to go along with the discounted ticket prices. Look for special deal signs. Also, all the deals are listed in the Deals, Drawings & Giveaways Guide available at the information booths and online at mnstatefair.org.
In addition, select vendors feature closeout prices on Monday, aka Last Chance Day. Last Chance Day deals will be listed in a special flyer available on Labor Day at State Fair information booths (or see my sneak peek below!!!).
Save BIG on rides and games at Kidway and Midway the last day of the Fair. Both amusement parks are taking one ticket off of every ride and game all day long on September 3rd.
Take in a free concert in the evening at the Leinie Bandshell – enjoy Wilson Phillips Friday and Saturday night (“Hold on for one more daaaaaay!”). Music starts at 8:30 PM.
Over at the Coliseum, all the horse shows are FREE. Check out the Western-style rodeo this weekend – it WON’T give you swine flu, like that other Fair attraction…
If you have the urge to sing, join the Giant Sing Along, located north on the fairgrounds near the Pet Center. The singing starts at 9 AM with You Are My Sunshine, and finishes at 9 PM with Livin’ La Vida Loca. My personal favorite is song number 49, Bohemian Rhapsody. For a complete song list, log on to mnstatefair.org.
Here’s another free Giant activity, perfect for the kids. Check out The Giant Sand Box, located east of the Family Fair stage.
Last, but not least, the Wahl Mobile Barbershop is back, giving free facial hair trims to hirsute Fair-goers. For every trim they give, Wahl will donate $1 to Movember – which helps support initiatives for men’s health issues like prostate cancer. The Barbershop will be at the Fair Saturday through Monday. For more details, log on to WahlNation.com.
Last Chance Day Deals:
- Buy one fried fruit or a fruit salsa at the Fried Fruit booth by the Grandstand Ramp and get a free small pop.
- 50% off a 1/2 lb. of bulk candy at Icandy Sugar Shoppe near the Grandstand Ramp.
- 50% off selected shirts at I Like You in Heritage Square.
- 50% off selected pottery items at Saliture Pottery in Heritage Square.
- Discounts on falafel sandwiches, gyros, garlic chicken at Falafel King in the Food Building.
- $1.50 off hot-dish on-a-stick at Ole& Lena’s near on Liggett St.
- Discounts on pet water bottles, pet bandanas and pet t-shirts at The Dog Perk in the Pet Center.
- Discounts on fans, carvings, wall hangings, tables, cabinets and dining sets at China Handcrafts in the International Bazaar.
- Discounts on jewelry including bracelets, rings, earrings and pins at Simonsons’ Jewelry in the Heritage Square Building.
- Sticker sale with 25% – 50% off select yard items and lawn ornaments at Rock Gardens on Nelson St.
- $50 off select king and queen size quilts at Quiltladies J & J in the lower Grandstand