Favorite Links

For More Frugal Advice, Go To:

Twin Cities Websites

My Favorite Food Bloggers

15 Comments

1. Beth W
    Posted November 15, 2010 at 10:23 AM | Permalink

I love watching you on the Buzz and always have my notebook handy to record your hints! A couple weeks ago you were talking about free stuff on birthdays -and now I can’t find my notes from that day. Since I’ll be 66 in a couple weeks and am recently retired, I’d love to find some of those freebies. Thanks in advance for your reminder. Beth (aka betty boop)

2. Linda
    Posted April 20, 2011 at 9:27 AM | Permalink

I was just watching you on fox 9 and love your tips. How do you get the free glasses on coastalcontacts.com?

3. Carol Williams
    Posted April 20, 2011 at 9:43 AM | Permalink

I missed the free eyeglass information today on fox 9 — Wednesday, April 20th — where on your website could I locate this information?
    Thanks so much

4. Marri
    Posted May 5, 2011 at 11:10 AM | Permalink

I didn’t catch the place that golf is $9 before 9am. Where is that?
    Thanks, you do an incredible job!

5. Posted May 5, 2011 at 1:36 PM | Permalink

That was MA Rosko! Sorry honey! I think it was Halla Golf Course, though.

6. Teri Beckers
    Posted July 19, 2011 at 4:05 PM | Permalink

Do you know of anywhere a teacher can get used DSs , i-pods, i-pads for classroom use?

7. Arnold
    Posted February 8, 2012 at 12:21 AM | Permalink

Hello cheap chick,
    I enjoy your segments on Fox 9. I am head on a trip to Miami come the end of March and I am looking for any helpful tips for booking a flight. If you have any info you can share, I would be glad to hear. Thanks again and keep up the great tips.

8. Lisa
    Posted May 12, 2012 at 7:53 AM | Permalink

I am a Minnesota girl born and bred, now living in Texas. Most of my family is still in MN, and I am DEEPLY homesick! I found your site this morning, just playing around, and have sent a link to my sister who still lives in MN. THANK YOU for bringing me a bit of home every day. I love looking at your deals you find, and love it when I recognize where places you mention are.

THANK YOU!

9. Pam
    Posted January 14, 2013 at 11:19 AM | Permalink

Last week on the buzz you said something about a Facebook page that your on to sell craft stuff, could I get the name of it?

10. Posted January 15, 2013 at 9:05 AM | Permalink

Pam, it’s a page my friends and I set up to exchange and sell fabric. My advice is to gather your friends and do the same for your crafting supplies! Best of all, it is FREE :)

11. Twila Burk
    Posted March 23, 2013 at 10:15 AM | Permalink

Do you have a Pinterest page?

12. Su Feist
    Posted March 26, 2013 at 10:21 AM | Permalink

Is there a place in the Twin Cities that rent prom dresses? I can’t understand how people can buy 1-2 gowns for Jr. & Sr. prom & a different one if they go to more than one school’s prom. Help!

13. Heather
    Posted April 27, 2013 at 7:04 PM | Permalink

Just curious about your take on the two budget savvy resource websites that, in addition to your site, I love, find useful, and visit daily.

Thanks for all of your great tips and info, and your cheerfulness. :)

14. John McAleavy
    Posted June 23, 2013 at 1:26 AM | Permalink

U can get the best price on Ellsworth cheese curds at the Ellsworth creamery in their store or u can go to ellsworthcheesecruds.com to order them online. The cheese curds are shipped in a cooler with dry ice.

15. Posted December 31, 2013 at 9:46 AM | Permalink

Have you seen this food blog?

One Trackback

• By Ruts Are For Dirt Roads on February 16, 2010 at 1:29 PM

[…] CHEAP CHICK Your frugal living expert! Skip to content HomeA Little Linky Lovin’ArchivesMedia AppearancesContactA History of CheapFeed Me! « What I Like About […]

Your email is never published nor shared.

nine − = 5

• Chosen by The Cheap Chick

The Cheap Chick's Daily Deal

Where I Thrift

Everyone has their favorite thrift stores, right?  Okay, you do if you love thrifting as much as I do!  Here are the stores where I enjoy popping tags:

Saver’s in Bloomington – close proximity to Prestigious West Bloomington and Edina equals excellent, higher end thrift scores.  Remember, if you donate?  You receive a 20% off coupon you can use right away!

Saver’s in Columbia Heights – it’s the nearest thrift store to my house, and they have the NICEST staff of any Saver’s in the TC, in my humble opinion.

ARC Value Village – For me, ARC is hit or miss.  I either score BIG, or leave empty-handed.  Either way, I always enjoy perusing this tidy, friendly shop.